[AstroPy] SExtractor wrapper

Laurent LE GUILLOU Laurent.LeGuillou at ster.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Feb 25 10:52:19 CST 2005

Hi,

I have written a small wrapper for SExtractor. It consists of
2 modules :

     sexcatalog.py     -> Provides a class to read SExtractor
                          ASCII catalogs as list of dictionaries ;

     sextractor.py     -> A full wrapper, to manage SExtractor
                          configuration (default.{sex,conv,params,...})
                          on the fly, run sextractor and return
                          the resulting catalog as a list of
                          dictionaries.

Perhaps it may be useful for someone else. I don't know if this code is
clean enough to be included somewhere in the Python Astro library you
are working on.

Cheers,

Laurent

   Laurent LE GUILLOU                      Tel +34 922 425 412
   Laurent.LeGuillou at ster.kuleuven.ac.be   Fax +34 922 425 475

   Mercator Telescope                      K.U. Leuven
   Sea Level Office - P.O. Box 474         Instituut voor Sterrenkunde
   Calle Alvarez de Abreu 70               Celestijnenlaan 200 B
   E-38700 Santa Cruz de La Palma          B-3001 Leuven
   Spain                                   Belgium