[AstroPy] Re: functional interface for PyFITS?

Nor npirzkal at eso.org
Tue Mar 22 11:24:28 CST 2005

because iraf returns filenames with the syntax we have been discussing
and that getting things tied up with python and pyfits then requires
some parsing of the filename, etc... which is what in my opinion a high
level pyfits function call should handle for me.
Call it fuzzy logic if you want, and it is (thank to IRAF ....) , but I
am sick of parsing filenames in python when writing pyraf scripts and
would like to see this done for me... :-)