[AstroPy] [SciPy-user] FITS images with header-supplied axes?

Bridgman, William T. William.T.Bridgman@nasa....
Wed Apr 2 11:52:42 CDT 2008

Here's my 'work python' list.

Mostly codes for organizing image and volumetric datasets.

I use PIL, PyFITS, scipy, numpy, VTK for 3-d data extraction and
image generation.  I have some cases where I need to retrieve the
data in IDL to get a format that can be used on the python side.

I have a number of custom modules which co-register the images and 3-
d data into various geospatial coordinate systems.  I also have
modules that extract spacecraft orbit information from sites like the
SSCweb (though the limitations in ZSI interfere with me migrated to
their newer web interface).  The co-registration works with time-
dependent data and connects the data components at appropriate times
(however, it does not interpolate between actual datasets).

I use CGkit to map the images and objects created above onto 3-d
objects and generate files which are rendered into images by the
RenderMan computer graphics package.

Tom