[AstroPy] Past Mention of Source Extractor Command in IRAF?

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal....
Tue Apr 28 15:24:47 CDT 2009

I believe in some of my exchanges on this mailing list in the last many
works someone mentioned an IRAF facility akin to what is popularly
called source extract. Mention was made of what could be considered a
command name that somehow is used in connection with the idea. Does
anyone know what that single (command) word was or where I would find
the extractor topic discussed in IRAF?

I just searched my sent astropy messages folder using my mail browser
tool, but found nothing in messages connected with the mention of IRAF.
Possibly it was on the IRAF forum, but I don't see it there.

           All the neutrons, and protons in the human body occupy
           a cube whose side is 5.52*10**-6 meters (tiny!). That
           adds up to a 150 pound person. It's not a surprise that
           we are mostly space. (Calculation by WTW)