[AstroPy] 3-D Graphics Tools for for Documentation, Presentations, etc.

Bridgman, William T. William.T.Bridgman@nasa....
Wed Dec 23 06:45:42 CST 2009

If you are doing line plots, I believe matplotlib has some 3-D
capabilities.
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

For 3-D datasets, I've had good luck with VisIt
https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit/

If you are trying to do line drawings, Pyx has some of this capability
but you'd have to do the 3-d projection yourself.
http://pyx.sourceforge.net/

I've used Inkscape for Illustrator-type applicatios
http://www.inkscape.org/
although some of its functionality is limited.

For 3-D rendered plots, I've used pyPOV with POVray.
http://code.google.com/p/pypov/
http://www.povray.org/
but these are steep learning curves.

Tom