[AstroPy] python sextractor

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal....
Sat Feb 13 06:35:13 CST 2010

I've never heard of it, but would be interested in learning more,
particularly if it has some application to fish-eye lenses. Do you have
a Python program that you distribute? Where can I find the sextractor?
Does it work on Win?

On 2/13/2010 1:52 AM, Wolfgang Kerzendorf wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm interested in using sextractor purely in python. For the last couple of years I have been calling sextractor from python and reading in the resulting catalogue. I wonder if people have wrapped sextractor's c-code with cython.
> It would be great if sextractor worked on numpy arrays (or pyfits objects) and that you could do things individually (like the background map and so on). Any ideas?
>
> cheers
>     Wolfgang

"Crime is way down. War is declining. And that's far from the good
news." -- Steven Pinker (and other sources) Why is this true, but yet
the media says otherwise? The media knows very well how to manipulate us
(see limbic, emotion, $$). -- WTW