[AstroPy] python sextractor

Perry Greenfield perry@stsci....
Sat Feb 13 13:06:09 CST 2010

There was an effort a few years ago to make a C interface to
SExtractor available that was on sourceforge. I don't think that went
anywhere. The main issue is that one probably needs to refactor the
existing code to remove the I/O from the computational routines to
enable to use it effectively from Python.

I still think it is a good idea. It would need some cooperation from
the developer though (we wouldn't want to fork it for example).

Perry