[AstroPy] Is There an AstroCalc Module?

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal....
Mon Jan 4 20:21:22 CST 2010

Mr. Perrin. Ah, so I need to be a professional and credentialed
astronomer and work for some academic institution or major observatory?
Admittedly, I am not an astronomer and work on my own. However, the
problem I'm trying to solve is no simple task, and some of the tools I
think I see here can help me solve it. The taks is quite important to a
collection of people who want to do this. My problem concerns
two-station determination of meteor trajectories, ground and atmospheric.

If you are the moderator and plan to silence me, then I think I can get
what I need elsewhere, if necessary. You could just ignore me. I had
hoped this list would be a bit more cordial.

Although I appreciate Mr. Owens providing to a direct route to the
description of his library, I see it is not what I hoped for.  Googling,
(Yes, I do know how to do that and suggest searching with it are bit
more complex than you say.) with python "astronomy library examples" has
given me some useful insight what I might expect elsewhere. Further, I
now have access to a very good astro library in C++ that looks like it
will serve my purposes. I only suffer the inconvenience of translating
some of the functions to Python. I do believe for the most part they are
short. Of course, I do have access to the common Python math, linear
algebra, regression, non-linear optimization methods that are in no way
connected to this list.

Perhaps you can bear with me a little longer while I get my feet a
little wet, so to speak.