[AstroPy] ANN: pywcs 1.9 released
Wed Jul 21 09:06:45 CDT 2010
I have made a new release of pywcs, version 1.9. It adds the following
features and bugfixes since 1.8:
- Support binary image arrays and pixel list format WCS by presenting
a way to call wcslib's wcsbth()
- Updated underlying wcslib to version 4.5, which fixes the following:
- Fixed the interpretation of VELREF when translating
AIPS-convention spectral types. Such translation is now handled
by a new special- purpose function, spcaips(). The wcsprm
struct has been augmented with an entry for velref which is
filled by wcspih() and wcsbth(). Previously, selection by
VELREF of the radio or optical velocity convention for type VELO
was not properly handled.
- The "pc" member is now available with a default "raw" Wcsprm object.
- Make properties that return arrays read-only, since modifying a
(mutable) array could result in secondary values not being
recomputed based on those changes.
- float properties can now be set using int values
Science Software Branch
Space Telescope Science Institute
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
More information about the AstroPy