[AstroPy] Co-ordinating Python astronomy libraries?

Paul Barrett pebarrett@gmail....
Wed Jun 30 20:37:55 CDT 2010

Hi James,

At the US Naval Observatory, we are currently in the process of
developing a Python wrapper for the C version of NOVAS version 3.0
followed shortly by version 3.1.  NOVAS is a set of very accurate
functions for astrometry and planet positions.  We hope to release the
first version in the next few months and then develop an
object-oriented version that can use arrays as input.  We will contact
you when we are ready for the first release.

Regards,

Paul Barrett

US Naval Observatory