[AstroPy] new pyfits version deletes NP_pyfits, breaking pickle

James Turner jturner@gemini....
Mon Nov 15 13:36:06 CST 2010

> Perhaps a possible pickle PEP might allow you to register your
> pickler/unpickler when you define an object, so that this could be
> part of the solution.  But then the unpickler would have to be saved
> in the pickle to ensure that it will be available.

Peter Python picked a PEP of pickled PyFITS.

Sorry, too hard to resist.

I don't really have experience with pickle, but couldn't you
implement something like this now, say using a dictionary to track
your on-the-fly attributes? It would be marginally less convenient,
of course. Is that too naive?

James.