[AstroPy] SAMPy 1.2.1
Fri Mar 4 07:42:18 CST 2011
with this message I announce the release of SAMPy 1.2.1 (supporting the
experimental Web Profile [*]) and some news related with it.
First of all, SAMPy is now directly distributed through PyPI Package
where the sources can be downloaded in tar.gz format or zip format.
It can also be installed using pip installation tool for Python
packages, available here:
With pip, SAMPy can be easily installed using the command:
shell > pip install sampy
This way, pip tool will search for the latest SAMPy release stored into
PyPI repository, download and directly install it.
The latest SAMPy API documentation can be reached on-line at this URL:
It follows the complete set of changes made in SAMPy 1.2.1, taken from
- Updated version supporting the Web Profile:
a) -w/--web-profile option added to sampy.py script as stand-alone
application and b) web_profile optional argument added to
SAMPHubServer class, in order to run the Hub enabling the Web Profile.
- Bug fixed. Host name better resolved on proxied networks.
- `sampy` script added: it is just a simple script importing SAMPy
module and executing it calling the main routine. `sampy` has been
thought to be a replacement of sampy.py as stand alone program
(still running though).
- README and setup.py files updated.
- SAMPy icons added.
- Utility scripts and examples moved in more appropriate directories.
- SAMPy Hub metadata modified.
- Other minor changes and improvements.
For any comment, bug report, etc. please contact me.
With my Best Regards,
INAF - IASF Milano
Via Bassini 15, I-20133 Milano, Italy
Phone (+39) 02 23 699 470
Fax (+39) 02 26 660 17
More information about the AstroPy