[AstroPy] Ubuntu packages and state of AstroLib

Michael Droettboom mdroe@stsci....
Thu Mar 17 14:01:59 CDT 2011

I have made a pywcs-1.10-4.7 release, available here:

http://stsdas.stsci.edu/astrolib/pywcs-1.10-4.7.tar.gz

and tagged in SVN here:

http://svn6.assembla.com/svn/astrolib/tags/pywcs_1.10/

That should remove the need for the crazy wcsset_ patching, and also provide some basic unit tests for running with nose.

Cheers,
Mike

From: astropy-bounces@scipy.org [astropy-bounces@scipy.org] on behalf of Ole Streicher [astropy@liska.ath.cx]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:37 AM
Cc: astropy@scipy.org
Subject: Re: [AstroPy] Ubuntu packages and state of AstroLib

Am 17.03.2011 15:43, schrieb Michael Droettboom:
> Also in SVN, I've documented how to run the tests.  As you point out
> will not work with the latest 1.9 release, but assuming SVN head
> works for you for your packaging purposes, I'm happy to make a new
> 1.10 release.

I successfully tested the package build process against the SVN trunk,
so a new version would be fine for me.

Additionally to Sergio's patch, I will also remove all references to the
test fits files and the wcslib includes in the defsetup.py, since they
are not needed for the binary package. This makes the package smaller
without the need to remove the tests from the source tarball.

Would you just tag the version in SVN or also provide a downloadable tar
file at stsci?

Best

Ole