[AstroPy] equivalent routine to IDL Astronomy Library lineid_plot

Prasanth oneaufs@gmail....
Fri Sep 16 10:02:43 CDT 2011

Hello,

My attempt at implementing the lineid_plot.pro algorithm is available at
http://github.com/phn/lineid_plot <https://github.com/phn/lineid_plot>.

The automatic layout calculation is identical to that in the IDL procedure.
But I
have tried to make use of the annotate feature provided by Matplotlib for
the rest of the
code.

I don't have access to IDL and hence couldn't properly explore the working
of
the IDL code. GDL can't run the code.

After implementing the layout calculations, the rest of the code,
surprisingly, turns out
to be not difficult to write at all. This probably means that I am blind to
some
obvious problems!

Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,