[AstroPy] Installing scisoft on MacOS 10.6.7

David Shupe shupe@ipac.caltech....
Wed Sep 21 11:29:26 CDT 2011

I can endorse the instructions provided by Thomas Robitaille for installing Python using MacPorts.  These are at http://astrofrog.github.com/macports-python/

His post to this list is at http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/astropy/2011-July/001666.html

I have used these instructions to install Python with all the scientific packages I wanted on two Macs running Snow Leopard (10.6.8).  It looks like PIL can be installed using MacPorts too.

Regards,
David