[AstroPy] Opening file in PyFits, works in v2.4, not in v3.0.6

Taro Sato taro@ap.smu...
Tue Apr 3 10:28:37 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Perry Greenfield <perry@stsci.edu> wrote:
> I generally think that if the interpretation is unambiguous (and for
> nulls, presumably spaces are intended, or at least, cause no change),
> that doing an implicit correction and giving a warning is the right
> thing to do.
>
> Perry

I like this approach as well.  Warning can be turned off if a user
wishes and when necessary.  There are malformed files that are useful,
and preventing their use just because they don't stick to the right
principles would not win PyFITS more users.

--
Taro Sato
Department of Astronomy & Physics