[AstroPy] got centroid?

Adrian Price-Whelan adrianmpw@gmail....
Thu Apr 12 17:26:15 CDT 2012

This may not help you because it's not so smart, but to zeroth order, you can
do something like this:

import scipy.ndimage as snd
labels, num = snd.label(imageData > (2.*sigma), np.ones((3,3)))
starCoordinates = snd.center_of_mass(imageData, labels, range(1,num+1))

Obviously it's making some nasty assumptions about the image, but it's at
least a place to start.

- Adrian

On Apr 12, 2012, at 6:12 PM, Wolfgang Kerzendorf wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I just wanted to know if anyone has a quick and smart centroid script in any of the python libraries (easily installable). Even better would be star finding algorithms like sextractor.
>
> Cheers
>    Wolfgang

Adrian Price-Whelan
Department of Astronomy