[AstroPy] ANN: pywcs 1.11 released
Thu Jan 5 12:08:29 CST 2012
A new version of standalone pywcs has been released. It is available
- Updated to wcslib version 4.8.2, which gives much more detailed
error messages. Exceptions raised due to invalid WCS keywords
should now be more informative.
- Undefined values that are the result of p2s and s2p are now set to
NaN. Previously, one had to examine the stat result vector to
determine which results were invalid.
- Added functions get_pc() and get_cdelt(). These provide a way to
always get the canonical representation of the linear transformation
matrix, whether the header specified it in PC, CD or CROTA form.
- Supports Python 3.x
- Long-running process will now release the Python GIL to better
support Python multithreading.
- Builds on Microsoft Windows using mingw32, mingw64 and Visual Studio
9.0 and 10.0 without severely patching wcslib.
- pywcs will now run without pyfits, though the SIP and distortion
lookup table functionality is unavailable.
- The dimensions of the cd and pc matrices were formerly always returned
as 2x2. They now are sized according to naxis.
- Lots of new unit tests
- Setting wcs.wcs.cunit will now verify that the values are valid unit
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AstroPy