[AstroPy] Heliocentric Velocity Correction

David Berry d.berry@jach.hawaii....
Mon Jun 11 03:24:52 CDT 2012

Sorry - I'm not sure I understand your question. I thought you were
trying to convert spectral positions (frequencies, velocities,
wavelengths, etc) into the heliocentric rest frame from some other
rest frame.

The exact set of properties you need to specify when converting
spectral positions depends on your original rest frame. I used
topocentric as an example, and so included the observatory position.
If instead I had used (for instance) geocentric, then the observatory
position would not have been needed.

But I see that astrolib.baryvel just returns the velocity of the earth
in the barycentric or heliocentric rest frame, so now I'm not sure
what it is you are trying to do. What velocity is it you are trying to
correct?

David