[AstroPy] Python packages in package managers

Derek Homeier derek@astro.physik.uni-goettingen...
Fri Mar 16 12:15:04 CDT 2012

Hi,

On 16 Mar 2012, at 17:34, Sergio Pascual wrote:

> I maintain some Python Astronomy packages in Fedora (to name a few:
> pyfits, ATpy, asciitable...) If there are interested Fedorans in the
> audience, there is always some room to comaintain packages or swap
> reviews.

I have created a couple of packages for fink, the other major Mac packaging system
(also including asciitable and ATpy, pyfits is already part of the distribution); primarily
for my personal use as I found the threshold of submitting them to the package tracker
usually higher than creating/updating the actual package, but I can definitely push those
if there is a wider interest. There are probably a couple other packages for which it
would be similarly easy to create fink .debs, if the demand is there.

Cheers,
					Derek