[AstroPy] Python packages in package managers

Olе Streicher astropy@liska.ath...
Wed Mar 21 05:01:54 CDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Robitaille <thomas.robitaille@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm happy to help with MacPorts, but making sure the packages are up
> to date, etc. is already quite a bit to keep track of, and there are
> still many astronomy packages that have yet to be added, so I can't
> help add the packages to other package managers. It would be really
> great if other people could volunteer to help with other package
> managers!

I am maintaining a few astronomy packages for Debian; in the Python
world this is mainly pywcs and python-cpl. I would add other packages
when I need them myself, or if someone expresses some interest in
having a certain python package available in Debian and Ubuntu.

Cheers

Ole