[AstroPy] [astropy-dev] Coordinates subpackage - request for help

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille@gmail....
Fri Nov 16 03:43:32 CST 2012

I have a suggestion - once the epoch/equinox issue is dealt with, we
can create a repository (e.g. astropy-coordinates-benchmarks) in the
astropy organization which would contain an input file with the 1000
random positions on the sky, and then add the scripts to test against
each package (one astropy script, one IDL script, one pyAST script,
one SLALIB script, etc.), and the associated output files, and then
have another script to compare the results. Then, people can easily
contribute scripts or updates via pull requests.

I can set up the repository if there is interest.

Cheers,
Tom