[AstroPy] astropy in Debian, Scientific Linux?

Jeremy Perkins jeremy.s.perkins@nasa....
Sun Apr 7 19:33:02 CDT 2013

Hi Leo,

You can set up pip to install packages to a user-defined location that you add to your python-path.  This could even be in your home directory (like ~/python or ~/.python).  This way you don't have to have root access or install them globally.  That's what I usually do when I'm working on a system that's locked down.

Jeremy