[AstroPy] astropy in Debian, Scientific Linux?

Olе Streicher astropy@liska.ath...
Mon Apr 8 02:47:31 CDT 2013

Hi all,

2013/4/7 Leo Singer <lsinger@caltech.edu>
> I would like to use Astropy on Debian and Scientific Linux. My
> experiment is pretty strict about using packaged software. Are there
> are there any plans to create .debs or .rpms for Astropy?

A package for astropy is in the NEW queue of Debian [1]. This is still a
prerelease (0.2beta2); the current version is however ready to go [2] once
the Debian ftpmasters accepted the package. Since Debian is currently
focussing on finishing a new release (Wheezy), this takes some time -- the
astropy package is waiting now for 10 weeks.

Best

Ole

[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/python-astropy_0.2~b2-1.html
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/python-astropy.git