[AstroPy] Astropy and the Google Summer of Code 2013

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille@gmail....
Tue Apr 9 07:20:39 CDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

I am very happy to announce that Astropy will be taking part in the
Google Summer of Code 2013 as part of the Python Software Foundation
organization!

The Google Summer of Code funds students *worldwide* to spend most of
the summer contributing to an approved open-source project, and will
be paid a stipend of USD 5,000 for their work. This is a great
opportunity to get involved with an active open source project, gain
experience, have fun, *and* get financially rewarded for it!

For those of you who are not students, please forward this to people
at your institute and in particular students who you think would be
interested in participating!

I would like to encourage any students who would be interested in
applying to work on Astropy to have a look at the following page for
more information:

https://github.com/astropy/astropy/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2013---Project-Ideas

and join the astropy-dev mailing list to express your interest. The
deadline for student applications to Google is May 3rd, but you should
get in touch with us as soon as possible, as one of the requirements
to participate is to have already submitted a patch to the project.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the program!

Best regards,
Thomas Robitaille
on behalf of the Astropy project