[AstroPy] LaTeX packages for Units

Michael Droettboom mdroe@stsci....
Wed Apr 10 07:54:58 CDT 2013

The use of `\second` was ultimately considered a bug (as it doesn't
exist without additional non standard packages).  It was fixed in
https://github.com/astropy/astropy/pull/892 which should be in the
latest 0.2.1 release.  We intend to keep the symbol set to the standard
ones -- not only does this make the LaTeX installation easier, but it
keeps it compatible with mathjax used in the IPython notebook.  As part
of that bugfix, we are now testing the generated LaTeX symbols as part
of the doc build (which run in an environment without extra math
packages), so we should catch this kind of thing sooner in the future.

Mike