[AstroPy] Sigma clipping along an axis?

Lisa Fogarty l.fogarty@physics.usyd.edu...
Mon Apr 29 18:21:17 CDT 2013

Hi All,

I would like to perform a sigma-clipped sum of several data frames (60x60
pixels each). I have put the frames into a 3D array - so if I have N frames
the array is 60x60xN. I therefore want to sigma clip along the z-axis. As
far as I can see the astropy.stats.sigma_clip function ravels the data
before performing the sigma clip (i.e. it clips in the whole array, where I
want to clip pixel-by-pixel). Is there a pythonic way I can accomplish what
I want to do?

Many thanks,
Lisa.

--
Dr Lisa Fogarty | Postdoctoral Research Associate, SIfA, Sydney Institute
for Astronomy

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 464, Physics Building A29 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
| AUSTRALIA

T +61 2 935 13112
E  l.fogarty@physics.usyd.edu.au | W
http://sydney.edu.au/science/**physics<http://sydney.edu.au/science/physics>