[AstroPy] Log rebin in python?

William Schoenell wschoenell@gmail....
Tue Feb 12 08:36:05 CST 2013

Hi Eric,

We did this here:
https://bitbucket.org/astro_ufsc/pystarlight/src/20c5b3444bbed9ace92e32162bfd816b2e75da3b/src/pystarlight/util/StarlightUtils.py?at=default#cl-93

This function returns a transformation matrix which you should apply to
your original fluxes. E.g.: [[ResampMat]] • [F_orig] = [F_resampled]

Cheers,

William

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Eric Emsellem <eric.emsellem@eso.org>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was wondering if you would know of a simple package/module which would
> allow
> one to rebin/resample a 'spectrum' from linear to log(lambda) (and the
> other way
> around). It is not much to write it, but before I do so, I would like to
> know if
> someone else did it (I would guess the answer is yes).
>
> So a function which takes two 1D arrays: Lambda_lin, Flux and convert it in
> Lambda_log and Flux, conserving the flux.
>
> I see that Ian Crossfield has something like that on the web. But just
> wondering
> if something exists as a stand-alone module.
>
> thanks!
>
> Eric

William Schoenell
Instituto de Astrofísica de Andalucía - CSIC
Glorieta de la Astronomía, s/n. E-18008
Granada - Spain
Work Phone: +34 958 230 612