[AstroPy] Specutils / Duplication of Effort

Adam keflavich@gmail....
Thu Jun 20 16:38:20 CDT 2013

Regarding Erik and Emil's last e-mails, I've made a wiki page on
specutils to track possible duplication of effort so we can get a
clearer idea of what tools we can cannibalize / learn from in order to
satisfy everyone's long list of feature requests:

https://github.com/astropy/specutils/wiki/Specutils---Other-Packages

I put up only what I know of right now (spylot, pyspeckit, Emil's
composite-model builder).  I think all of these packages include some
overlap but some unique facilities that can and should be included in
specutils.

Erik, Emil, and others developing along these lines, would you mind
helping fill out this page?

Thanks,
Adam