[IPython-dev] Re: python-mode.el (was Generic gui_thread + IPython: solution already exists!)

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Tue Nov 16 09:02:24 CST 2004

    >> Huh, that patch seems to have Skip's name on it, not mine.

    AS> It's mine and the reason it has Skip's name on it is that it
    AS> presumably predates 2003 and the project page and was one of
    AS> the old patches that were migrated from the python sf project
    AS> to the new python-mode sf project.

Welcome back!  We missed you.  ;-)

When you were away, I stumbled my way through python-mode.el and
updated python-mode.el.gz to 4.62 from CVS.  Look at the archives to
see the messages.

Just last night I asked Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox dot com> for
help since there was no reply to Fernando's mail containing the new
python-mode.el.  Skip responded really quickly with a patch that
incorporated all the features that were there in the older version.
I've attached the diff he sent me (against 4.67 in CVS).  I replied
early today morning (GMT+530) and told him that the patch looks good.
So your code should be integrated in python-mode.el very soon.

[...]

    AS> While we're at it I've also fixed what I take to be 2 other
    AS> stupidities in python mode:
[...]

Hmm, you might want to mention these to Skip if they belong in
python-mode.el

BTW, switch to buffer on C-c| (py-execute-region) is now optional via
a defcustom variable.

Anyway, please find attached the patch from Skip to me.  This should
incoporate your original changes to python-mode.el (and then some) and
works with python-mode.el from CVS version 4.67.

cheers,
prabhu