[IPython-dev] Distribution via "Easy Install"?

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:05:57 CST 2005

Relevant links for my previous mail, i.e. the way to get around trying
to access data files:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#accessing-data-files-at-runtime

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs#accessing-package-resources

(BTW, I'm not on crack, just looked into Easy Install today and got a
sting of enthusiasm, learning as I go. Hence the spamming of the
mailing list).

It seems like proper egg-support would indicate an easy-install
requirement for ipython. I don't really see this as a problem, now
that something like TurboGears requires it as well. I.e. it's
mainstream and stable enough.

I guess I could look into the required modifications one of these
days, if the easy-install dependency is ok.