[IPython-dev] Re: Auto-discard notification

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Jun 21 13:06:20 CDT 2005

Hi,

note that your mail bounced, since the ipython lists require
subscription first.  Too much spam otherwise, sorry.

ipython-dev-bounces at scipy.net wrote:

> Subject:  Implanting IPython with PyCrust
> From:  axelyamel at prtc.net
> Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:42:55 -0400
> To: ipython-dev at scipy.net
>
> To: ipython-dev at scipy.net
>

> Hi,
>
>     I being working on the implementation of IPython with Pycrust. When I try to
> import the embed file that I made to run the IPython, it give me an error.
>

>      >>> import embed.py
>      WARNING: Stream <cin> looks suspicious: it lacks a 'fileno' attribute.
>      WARNING: Stream <cin> looks suspicious: it lacks a 'mode' attribute.
>      WARNING: Stream <cout> looks suspicious: it lacks a 'fileno' attribute.
>      WARNING: Stream <cout> looks suspicious: it lacks a 'mode' attribute.
>      WARNING: Stream <cerr> looks suspicious: it lacks a 'fileno' attribute.
>      WARNING: Stream <cerr> looks suspicious: it lacks a 'mode' attribute.
>      Traceback (most recent call last):
>       File "<input>", line 1, in ?
>       File "embed.py", line 18, in ?
>         ipshell = IPShellEmbed([argv])
>       NameError: name 'argv' is not defined
>

>  The embed file have the following code:
>

>      from IPython.Shell import IPShellEmbed
>      ipshell = IPShellEmbed([argv])
>      ipshell()
>
>      print 'Main program finished. Bye!'
>
>  If someone know what is happening please let me know, thanks.

> This message was sent using http://webmail.coqui.net

IPython can't currently be easily embedded into any GUI shell.  The
needed work is not too hard, but it hasn't been done yet.  So unless you
can contribute patches in that direction, it won't work for you in its
current state.

Regards,