[IPython-dev] [ANN] IPython 0.6.12 is out.
Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Mar 2 02:54:29 CST 2005
I'm glad to announce the release of IPython 0.6.12. This is mainly a bugfix
IPython's homepage is at:
and downloads are at:
I've provided RPMs (for Python 2.3 and 2.4, built under Fedora Core 3), plus
source downloads (.tar.gz). We now also have a native win32 installer which
should work correctly for both Python 2.3 and 2.4.
Debian, Fink and BSD packages for this version should be coming soon, as the
respective maintainers (many thanks to Jack Moffit, Andrea Riciputi and Dryice
Liu) have the time to follow their packaging procedures.
Many thanks to Enthought for their continued hosting support for IPython, and
to all the users who contributed ideas, fixes and reports.
As always, the NEWS file can be found at http://ipython.scipy.org/NEWS, and
the full ChangeLog at http://ipython.scipy.org/ChangeLog.
* New hooks system. This can be considered the first step in cleaning up
ipython to expose its internals in a more rational manner. IPython/hooks.py
contains the hooks which are meant to be easily overridden by users for
customizations. Currently only the editor hook (called by %edit) exists, but
a framework is in place.
* Fix a subtle bug with corrupted init files under win32, thanks to Ville
Vainio for trackign this.
* Fix for Debian, which recently removed the profiler module from the default
python distribution and moved it to non-free.
* Allow empty and left-aligned output prompts, if users so want them.
* New %time magic to time statements and expressions. It reports CPU and wall
* Other small fixes and cleanups.
Enjoy, and as usual please report any problems.
More information about the IPython-dev