[IPython-dev] Completer in ipython 0.6.12

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 17 12:39:00 CST 2005

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

> Well, it works, but not exactly in the same way as before. Now, I get all
> matches, ie the standard ones, and mine. But I would like to see only
> mines, ie do not call other matchers if mine returns something.
>

>>This is something which I can then expose with a public function that
>>wraps some of this boilerplate.
>

> Yes, please ! If youd do, it may be possible to the have both behaviours: as
> it is now, ie returning all matches from all matcher methods; or only
> return matches from the first matcher method which returns somethings.
> Then, matcher methods order is to take in account.

OK, there was a change (by user request) in .12 to merge all namespaces in
completions.  Now it turns out you don't like it :)  It should be possible to
make this configurable, though by default the behavior will be the new one.
But I'll give you a flag you can set to restore the old one.  Give me a few
days though.  And I'll wrap the matcher addition into a simple public function.

Best,