[IPython-dev] PyMAD/IPython which list updated

Frédéric Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Thu Mar 24 02:02:45 CST 2005

Le Mercredi 23 Mars 2005 18:16, Fernando Perez a écrit :

> > Could it be possible to print the Docstring informations after all
> > other ones ?
>
> I don't understand what you mean here, please be as specific as possible.
>  Do you just want the order to be changed, so docstrings go last?

Yes.

> You could just override getdoc in OInspect, but I have a feeling that
> some of what you want to do is simply impossible.  You'll need to be very
> clear and specific in describing (make up a mock example if you want)
> _exactly_ what you need to do.  Only in that case will I be able to help
> you further.

The problem is not simple, as I'm working on remote objects through proxies
(if we met at Grenoble, I'll explain you exactly how it works, but it is
very difficult for me to describe all the stuff in english :o/). I have an
idea how to do the job. It is not easy for me to explain, so I will post
the code as soon as I can make it work. But it is very specific to my
problem, and don't have to be implemented in IPython. Maybe just have some
minor changes to make things easier to do... I'll let you know.

> With a proper explanation, the fix was actually trivial.  Checked into
> CVS, let me know if it does what you need.

Great ! Again, sorry for my poor english, leading to these lack of
understanding...

--
   Frédéric