[IPython-dev] Life after .14...

Frédéric Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Tue May 31 02:17:02 CDT 2005

Le Mardi 31 Mai 2005 09:04, Fernando Perez a écrit :

> to work on any patches you send me.  Once work on that tag begins, I'll
> make a MAINT branch out of it.  Btw, this is what i read up quickly about
> branches and tags in CVS, which I've never used before.  If I'm screwing
> up on that front, please let me know right away.

I didn't use branches under CVS, so I can't help...

But I think you should switch from CVS to Subversion for the big cleanup.
SVN is much more powerfull, and maybe easier to use. For the common part,
you use svn the same way you use cvs, so transition is very easy. And there
are some tools to migrate an entire cvs project into svn one. It works very
well (I used it on 3 or 4 big projects).

Just an idea...

--
   Frédéric