[IPython-dev] Debugger patch

Vivian De Smedt vivian at vdesmedt.com
Sun Nov 27 06:15:51 CST 2005

Fernando,

Few times ago I send to the IPython mailing list a patch proposition
that in my opinion improve the python debugger usability in the spirit
of IPython.

 - it make the completion working when IPython run in debugger mode,
 - it colorize Python stack the same way IPython do for Exception stacks,
 - it hide some of the stack level that that do not belong to the script
being debugged (actually IPython levels not relevant for the developper)

I was wondering if you still think it is worth valuable addition and if
you plan to merge it into the IPython code?

Since it impact more that one files you could consider the integration
as a long task.
If it these kind of considerations that slow down the integration of the
patch I'll be glad to split my patch by feature to make the integration
process more transparent and less stressful :-)

Tell me if I can help.
Kindest regards,
Vivian.