[IPython-dev] Copy & Paste in IPython under Windows?

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:06:52 CDT 2005

> But I saw that the 'terminal' that windows uses has a preferences panel with a
> 'Quick Edit' checkbox.  Checking that provides some basic copy/paste
> abilities, though they seem to be restricted to the mouse.  I'm at the office

I think you don't even need the quick edit checked to copy/paste with
mouse. Just paint with mouse (caution - it freezes the window for the
duration of the operation), press enter to "copy" ang right-click to
paste.

Windows has craploads of problems, but copy-pasting isn't one of them.

--
Ville Vainio    http://tinyurl.com/2prnb