[IPython-dev] module for blocking on twisted Deferred objects

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 15:57:15 CST 2006

I am a little hesitant to publicize this module very much.  It is in a
very grey area that many people (maybe myself even) would consider a
hack.  That doesn't change the fact that it is very useful and we will
likely us it in ipython extensively.  The danger is that people would
consider it a general tool that can be used to "make Deferred's
easier."  I more view it as a last resort when you really need Twisted
code to act synchronous.

I will have to think about it more.  It also sort of depends on how it
develops.

Brian