[IPython-dev] MANIFEST.in griefs

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sat Feb 4 15:48:51 CST 2006

Ville Vainio wrote:

> Is the manifest.in only used for source distribution, i.e. could it be
> renamed and only created for "sdist"? Or could it be edited to get
> around this problem?

I'm pretty sure it's OK to have it go in only for sdist.  But don't remove it
there, as third-party packagers will need it.

R. Kern is sitting next to me, and mentions that both the distutils-sig, and
the setuptools documentation discuss this in detail (apparently there was a
thread on this very issue a few days ago on distutils-sig).  I can't look it
up right now, but please have a look there as well.