[IPython-dev] Broken autocall in trunk/

Brian Granger bgranger at scu.edu
Mon Feb 6 19:40:36 CST 2006

I also noticed that autocall was broken.

Brian

Brian Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics
Santa Clara University
bgranger at scu.edu
Phone: 408-551-1891
Fax: 408-554-6965
>>> <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> 02/06/06 3:56 PM >>>
This is correct:

IPython 0.7.1.fix1 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?       -> Introduction to IPython's features.
%magic  -> Information about IPython's 'magic' % functions.
help    -> Python's own help system.

In [1]: def foo(x): x
   ...:

In [2]: foo 'a b'
------> foo('a b')

But in trunk/, I'm seeing:

IPython 0.7.2.svn -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?       -> Introduction to IPython's features.
%magic  -> Information about IPython's 'magic' % functions.
help    -> Python's own help system.

In [1]: def foo(x): x
   ...:

In [2]: foo 'a b'

Notice the (incorrect) spurious comma introduced in there.  Any idea where this
may be coming from?  I could have introduced it inadvertedly, but I don't
recall touching any code where this could have changed at all...