[IPython-dev] [RFC] I want to fix some behaviour. Hints needed

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Fri Jan 13 10:31:17 CST 2006

On Friday 13 January 2006 17:11, Fernando Perez wrote:
> Let's not put this into genutils, that file is already too crowded, and
> this is purely platform-specific code.  Instead, go ahead and make a
> winutils.py module, where all whe win32 tricks will be nicely isolated.

OTOH, a platform-independent setConsoleTitle() would be nice, no?

FWIW, I have "\e]2;\w [\u@\h]\a" in my PS1.  (Guarded by "\[...\]" to tell the
shell that this does not add to the prompt length within the window.)

Quoted from http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Xterm-Title.html :

The following sequences are useful in this respect:
- ESC]0;stringBEL -- Set icon name and window title to string
- ESC]1;stringBEL -- Set icon name to string
- ESC]2;stringBEL -- Set window title to string
where ESC is the escape character (\033), and BEL is the bell character
(\007).

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS

PS: Sorry, re-sent due to wrong sender..