[IPython-dev] Magics, aliases now use raw strings!

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:54:31 CST 2006

On 1/18/06, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu> wrote:

> 2. Fixed support for some international characters (i.e. swedish
> åäöÅÄÖ). This is quite a hack but it makes it possible to type most path

This is great stuff! Someone else said to have done it but it's a long
while ago, and nothing came of it.

I say we put a fork of the windows readline on ipython svn (though not
under ipython tree). The author of readline said a while ago that it's
open source, and he wondered why people can't get around to fixing it
on their own and put out their own version. We shouldn't wait for the
author to put out the patched version, this is a feature that is
sorely needed by quite a few.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com