[IPython-dev] SVN testers?

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Jan 20 12:08:41 CST 2006

Ville Vainio wrote:
> On 1/20/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:
>

>>any problems.  I just checked in a tentative fix for the pasting of multiline
>>input when autoindent is on.  It works so far for me, but that logic is a
>

> Doesn't work for me when there are tabs as indent marks. Spaces are ok:

Well, it does work under Linux (these are pasted from files open in an editor,
not typed in):

In [8]: if 1:
    ...:         print 'indented with spaces'
    ...:     print 'more'
    ...: else:
    ...:         print 'nothing'
    ...:
indented with spaces
more

In [10]: if 1:
    ....:        print 'indented with tabs'
    ....:         print 'more'
    ....: else:
    ....:        print 'nothing'
    ....:
indented with tabs
more

It may be a win32/readline thing, dunno.

Thanks for testing, at least we seem to be finally on track with this, even if
the system isn't 100% perfect.  At least it doesn't seem to do the WRONG thing
(like Prabhu reported a few days back), and it does add convenience in a
number of cases.