jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Fri Jan 20 14:35:54 CST 2006
attached is a patch for integrating winreadline with ipython. This patch
defaults to use winreadline on windows (sys.platform=="win32" and if not
available tries readline, we may want to make winreadline optional. I
have not tested this extensively yet. Is there something else that needs
changing besides init_readline in iplib.py?
The patch includes:
iplib.py change to use winreadline on win32
IPython.winreadline new package directory copied from UNC readline 1.12
How do we proceed? Should I get a subversion account so I can start a
branch for the winreadline patch? Or should we do this work over the
list? Any way I have identified a few things that need to be considered:
* Add notice that this is originally from Gary Bishop.
* How use ipython.winreadline with plain interactive python?
* Force use of winreadline or user choice on windows? Default
winreadline user can change?
* What lineendings? Currently mixed windows, unix. By the way, seems
ipython is also mixed.
* Change to 4 space indents
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the IPython-dev