[IPython-dev] UNC readline and ipython

Gary Bishop gb at cs.unc.edu
Sat Jan 21 07:52:07 CST 2006

I am glad that folks find it useful. I know I do.

I can take my version down anytime. I put it there as a service. I guess
there are pointers all over the web, so I should, as you say, add a note
that it has been superceded.

Something you guys should consider, IMO, is replacing readline for all other
OS! Python would benefit greatly from having its own readline written in
Python. To first order all that would be required is a Linux version of
Console.py. The rest of the code is mostly os independent.

Whatever license is fine with me as long as it doesn't restrict folks from
using and modifying it.

gb