[IPython-dev] egg doesn't install scripts on windows

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:37:10 CST 2006

On 1/22/06, Ville Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It should work in posix too, doesn't distutils strip the .py suffix
> > for scripts there?
>
> And the answer seems to be "no". Bummer.
>
> This needs more exploration, but it's going to happen in trunk/

Ok, now I've added eggsetup.py to trunk that creates an egg that
install the scripts properly. Here's the diff to normal setup.py for
the curious:

ville at badger[~/ipython]|35> diff setup.py eggsetup.py
39c39,40
< from distutils.core import setup
---
> #from distutils.core import setup
> from setuptools import setup
141c142
<       scripts          = scriptfiles,
---
>       #scripts          = scriptfiles,
149c150,157
<                           ('lib', 'IPython/UserConfig', cfgfiles)]
---

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com