[IPython-dev] Editing manifest.in

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 14:52:36 CST 2006

On 1/22/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> The examples they show all use the '.' import, which is why I'm thinking what
> I'm thinking.  But maybe I'm just confused...   That pep could be worded a
> little clearer, I think...

You may have confused "absolute import" with import from "installed"
library as opposed to importing a package under current working
folder, while in fact every folder under sys.path is just as
"absolute" - and CWD is one of those directories.

Of course the peps are mostly optimized for covering the discussion
that has taken place on python-dev instead of pedagogic factors. :-)

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com