[IPython-dev] IPython 0.7.1.rc1 is ready

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Jan 23 03:07:52 CST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>     Fernando> Hi all, I think I've been able to fix all the bugs which
>     Fernando> were reported after 0.7.0. I've put up a release
>     Fernando> candidate at the usual location:
>
>     Fernando> http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/

Hmm, is this the one where pasting multiple lines of code,
including single empty lines, should work?

For example, pasting the following does not work for me:

##################################
def f(x):
    print x

    print x+1
##################################

In [2]: def f(x):
   ...:     print x
   ...:

In [3]:     print x+1
   File "<ipython console>", line 1
     print x+1
     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

(I moved the .ipython directory out of the way
before installation; I also tried the svn switch variant)
Do I have to activate any settings before the above will work?

Best,

Arnd