[IPython-dev] %paste

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:55:38 CST 2006

On 1/23/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> > I'm not sure how useful it would be, because -- at the start of line
> > isn't a very useful python statement in the first place.
>
> What if it's in the middle of a triple-quoted string?

It would rarely be in column one (the typical thing people paste are
function/class definitions), and even if it was, my advice in that
case would be to
paste it in two parts. I already use the argument for something else.

I'd go for "worse is better" and simplicity here. The user would
probably be two lazy to provide a custom sentinel in the first place,
esp. if he had to do it like '%paste -s @@@".

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com